A practical introduction to energy management, recommended for those new to an energy management role or those taking on energy management or facility management responsibilities in an existing organisation.
About this course
This introductory course provides participants with all the essential knowledge and skills they need to save energy, reduce operational costs and carbon emissions, comply with legislation and meet their organisation's environmental goals.
Course topics include monitoring and targeting, energy auditing, solution development, and regulations and standards. As part of this course, delegates will conduct a supervised energy audit visit to a plant room and cover writing an audit report.
Who should attend?
- Graduates new to electrical installation
- Graduates seeking employment in the power sector
- Those looking to begin a career in energy management or have recently taken up a role with energy management responsibilities
- Those looking to conduct internal energy audits
- Those coming from a wide range of fields including procurement, facilities management, finance, sustainability, who want to gain a better understanding of the field of energy management
- This course is suitable for those with little or no knowledge or experience of energy management Experience using Microsoft Excel is required
- Practical electrical wiring
- Introduction to energy management-building an energy management process
- Metering and buying
- Metering monitoring and targeting techniques
- Regulations and standards
Energy auditing in practice
- Energy auditing: report writing Energy management solutions
Energy management: project development
- Mounting an effective staff awareness campaign
- End of course exam: 60%
Independent project: energy audit & report: 60%
On successful completion of the course, students will achieve Level 1 Certificate in Energy Management Essentials. They will also be well prepared to move on to the Level 2 course to gain Level 2 Certificate in Energy Management.
This course also meets the prior-knowledge requirement for attending an International certified Energy Management Systems (ISO 50001) Auditor/Lead Auditor Training course.
- For more details, please contact the training department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 08120676261, 08099884709
- 07 - 11 March 2016:
18 - 22 April 2016:
20 - 24 June 2016:
18 - 22 July 2016:
Please note that courses often fill up over a month before the start date. Early booking is advised.